Friday 26 October 2018

UPDATE ON BLOG - A BIG THANKS SHOUT-OUT


Hey there one and all.

I just wanted to make a rather special announcement, as well as some very, from the heart thanks, to you and a few other individuals.

First and foremost. I would like to thank all of my viewers for taking the time out of their day and coming in to view my blog. 

I am not sure how popular, popular blogs are, but in the last 2 weeks, i have had over 1500 viewers peruse what i have to offer. And for me, not really venturing into the blog scene, i think that is amazing, and as such, extremely humbled and thankful to you for stopping by.

In addition, for those that have also taken then time to make a post of thanks, thank you too. It is so good to know that i am at least in some way, delivering what you are looking for, and you are gracious enough to say a thank you!

A very special thank you, to a wonderful lady now, who at the time of writing this blog has not given me permission to use her name (I have emailed her and awaiting to hear back) but needless to say, she knows who she is: The special thanks is given because, despite her circumstances (again i do not wish to divulge such personal situations without her consent) has donated at least 500 78's from 3 labels: JW Themes (10 of which were posted before this post) Impress (working on the first 10 of those now) and Conroy, which will be next label, after Impress, to be posted. These are extremely rare, and because of her generosity, these ear-pleasing musics will be shared here for us all to hear.

*On a side note. If any other person here, or anyone that visits knows of anyone that has any 78's or other library records they would like to donate in order for me to transfer for them for all, please do let me know* Of course i know this is not a 'thing' but thought i would put it out there.

As this is my first update, I wanted to give all of you an incite on how I intend to proceed in the postings on this blog.

It is my intention to post at least 10 78's per week, giving as much in-depth information as i can find on both the label in question, and the tracks, which i have done previously. This has come across as a good thing and people are grateful because of it.
This will give me the time i feel needed to properly transfer and convert, de-click and de-hiss and master the recordings. Bringing them to you in the best possible condition and sound that you deserve.

In addition to the music postings. I will be making a special contribution post about a composer that has done work, of course for Library Music, as i have done already for Charles Williams. In an attempt to make this blog some what a library of itself; a museum and a knowledge base if you will, that will be all encompassing.

If you would like to see any other relevant posts about library music, composers etc. Please do let me know.

This whole blog thing started off for me as a way and means to bring music you may not of heard, to your richly deserving ears. And it has become more of a 'Pet Project' for me now, and i hope to maintain that for the days, weeks, months and even years ahead. And it would be most humbling to take you all along on this journey with me.

Thank you for stopping by.


8 comments:

  1. Cheers! And a hearty thank you to the "Wonderful Lady"
    And Darren, what a nice blog.

    Your Pal,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Doug. I am glad you are liking the blog thus far!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Ron. But how so curious? Just.... umm.... Curious ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your blog, DP. It's been an absolute pleasure thus far.

    ReplyDelete