Monday 29 October 2018

A BIG THANK YOU!


In addition to my post a few days ago about thanking people. There was 1 special person, well 3 really, that I wanted to thank, but felt the need to wait for permission to use their names, before posting!

Yesterday morning I received an email that expressed how much delight it would be to be named.

So in the first instance, I would love to give a big thank you to Helen Chaplin and Helen's 2 wonderful children. If not for Helen's generosity and kindness in delivering to me personally the 78's, we would not be in possession of them, and they would be scattered to the 4 winds.

Additionally, I must give a big thank you to Helen's late Father-in-Law John Fountain. These records belonged to Mr. Fountain. And I would like to make an extra special thank you for Helen's late husband Richard Chaplin, whom fell ill whilst rescuing the records.

I also have it on good authority that Helen's Mother-in-Law is extremely pleased that these records are bringing joy to so many.

So please share with me a heart-felt condolence to both John and Richard, and Helen for allowing me to bring these wonderful Impress/JW Themes and Conroy 78's to you to enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Darren for this most excellent news!

    I'm glad the Chaplin family is being made aware of the impact their generous gift has had on the local blogging community. These old records will live eternally now that they're ripped and shared via the internet.

    The Chaplins sound like very kind and pragmatic folks. I'm glad they consented to being publicly recognized for their generosity, and thanks for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete